Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Morning

This morning as
I watched you sleep
And as the sunlight
Embraced your face
My heart, my soul
Wanted to take all your cares away
Wanted to protect you from the evil ways of the world
Give you peace
Tranquility during the storm
Somehow you always felt that was your job
To protect me
Give me all that I need
All that I desire
Comforting me when I was in need
As I watched you sleep
I wanted more than anything
To give you everything that you have given me
And more
Tracing the outline of your lips
Your eyes, your nose
Remembering the moments when you smile
The moments when you frown
My gratefulness to witness them all
I listen to every breath
The beating of your heart
Knowing that deep down
I dwell in a special place
That is more than just your heart

No comments: