Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Faith

I can admit
I believed
Put all my hope
Dreams
Faith
Into it
And yet 
Time after time
After time
I ended up with regret
But I was determined 
Not to give up
But then this last time
It nearly knocked 
The wind out of me
Almost hardened my heart
Caused me grief
And yet because God
Loved me
Saw the
Determination
Perseverance
He held me 
In his arms
Whispered gently
"Hold on my child
Your time is coming"
And yet
After all the
Disappointment
Regret
My faith
In love
Has not waivered
I have not given up
That it still exist
Can be as innocent
As a new born's 
First breath
And as pure as
Fresh fallen snow
And now
I am closer to whole
Not broken
Sadden
Confused
Regretful
Angry
Instead
Optimistic
Excited
Zealous
And most of all
Faithful
For I know
He has not
Forsaken
Me 

No comments: