Saturday, October 17, 2009

He Danced With Me

With his hand in my hand, he embraced me for the very first time as his wife. I was in my wedding gown and him in his tux. I never thought we would make it to this point. The beginning was a rough start but my heart wouldn’t give up. I knew he was the one, just didn’t know when our love would take place. When I closed my eyes sometimes, I would see us dancing and I knew that it had to be more than a dream. Time was only waiting for the two of us to get it together. The record began to play and as the sound of Lifehouse’s “Everything” began to blast from the speakers, my heart began to skip a beat as he attempted to sing the lyrics in my ear. Tears filled my eyes and as they rolled down my face, I reached a level of happiness I had never known before. Many of the guest looked surprised because they were unfamiliar with the song but as they listened to the lyrics, they realized that it fit the moment perfectly. I struggled many times with this song because I knew it represented everything that I ever felt for him but had doubts he would ever open up enough to see that the love I had inside my heart was only for him. He was my "Everything" and now I could spend the rest of my life showing him.

No comments: