Sunday, June 27, 2010

Moment of Clarity


I use to worry about what others thought of me. Worried if I was making a good impression on them. If they liked me, wanted to befriend me, and if they thought I was someone worth sharing their time with. Now I could care less...not to sound mean but how it is possible to please everyone if you haven't pleased yourself first, if you don't like yourself first, if you can't stand to be alone with yourself first, if you don't love yourself first? When I started looking at things in this manner, I realized that if I am being true to myself then everyone else will be fine with me. Of course there will always be someone whom you can't please, whom won't like you, won't want to be your friend, or can't stand you and well I say hey it is their loss cause I certainly don't need that negativity in my life but yet if they change their mind, I will embrace them with open arms.
The hardest thing for me this year was letting go of someone who didn't value my worth. I am an amazing person...not to be cocky but I know that in my best efforts I try to treat people the way that I want to be treated. Some days I fail at it and so I expect that I get that karma back as I have put it out but never should I allow someone to treat me worse than I would treat myself. Never allowing them to think that my time, effort, love, patience, kindness, understanding, and willingness to give should be taken for granted. I can't say that it wasn't hard, but I am a better person for it and that is what matters more to me. Some of us go through life trying to fit in the boxes that OTHERS have designed for us. When in retrospect, you wouldn't be caught even dead in that box. Why settle for what your heart doesn't desire? Why confine your spirit to substandard conditions when you want so much more? Set yourself free, love yourself, make you happy and I guarantee everything will be alright. You control your destiny with guidance from God and as long as you seek him, listen to him, pray to him, obey him, love him, he will not ever steer you wrong. He loves us way too much. When you look back on those moments that you kept saying "why", the moment of clarity will reveal itself to you just in the right time and it will seem to have been all worth it.

No comments: