Sunday, January 23, 2011

Excuse Me...Is This Thing On...

I need to get something off my chest
Yea I was selling myself a dream that I thought was a reality
Once thought it believed in me
When in actuality
It was my misconception of reality
It's just a fantasy 
Until I make it real
But I had to believe from with in
That I could once love again
I've lived my whole life with the theory
That love can be a beautiful thing
But hadn't loved myself enough
To know that it started with me
If I wanted some one to love me unconditionally 
I had to love me in all my flaws and positivity
Life is too short to compromise 
On yourself
With someone who doesn't recognize your worth
Takes you for granted
Makes you feel like ish
When in reality
They expect you to deal with 
Their insecurities 
There are others
Who will love you
Give to you
Believe in you
Reach for the Sun and if they could
Give it to you
So why settle for less
When you deserve
The best
Doesn't matter what she said
What he said
Know your worth
Allow that negativity to be dead
Love is a reality
Not a fantasy
But you gotta know your 
Worth
So you can have it unconditionally 

No comments: