Thursday, July 28, 2011

These Rough Times

On July 25th not long after midnight...one of my greatest fears came to life. God decided it was time to call my Daddy home. In those few moments of coming into realization, it was as if someone had knocked the wind out of me. Took my heart, stomped all over it and then afterwards handing it back to me as if there was no damage. The fear of knowing I would never see him again and that my Momma lost her best friend, seemed unbearable. But my faith in God is what kept me from falling through, you know going into that darkness that might take some time in padded rooms to pull back through. I can't say that this experience hasn't been tough and that some days I want to give up but the thing that keeps me going is knowing how much my Daddy loved God and the peace...wonderful peace that I saw on him that early morning. True I took some of our moments for granted but it did not mean I loved him any less. For if it were not for him....my life may have ended up in such a mess....children need their fathers...they are the key to helping us grow into productive adults. He could have turned his back on us....but he didn't. Through all the ups n downs.....he was always there. He sacrificed when he didn't have to. Although on this Earth I will never get to hold his hand, have a long conversation, kiss his cheek, or just say "I love you", I know that when God calls me home....my Daddy will be there waiting on me with open arms, and that is something to look forward to!!


R.I.P. Rev. Stephen Michael Webb
Sunrise: March 30, 1942
Sunset: July 25th, 2011
A Solider For The Lord
Love you forever

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Nicole!

Thank you so much for your show of strength during this tough time.

God bless you and your family during your time of bereavement.

Here how i can be if ever you just want someone to listen.

Love Ya!