Sunday, December 28, 2008

One Day

One day you're gonna look back and remember how good I was to you
By then it'll be too late
I'll be gone in the wind
And only a faint scent of me will bring back memories
Memories of all the things we use to do
Of all the times I was good to you
Sometimes life has it's little bonuses
Me as a memory
One that you can't quite bring back to reality
I'll be there somewhere
Tucked way back in your subconscious
Trying to escape
Only so that you can forget about me
So you won't have to wonder where I'll be
Wonder why you can't remember me
I wasn't meant to last for a lifetime
Only for a few seconds
To bring your world sunshine
Shelter you temporarily from the dark clouds that lay ahead
The wind blows
You catch a faint scent of my memory
One day
You'll remember how good I was to you
But by then it'll be too late

~soulgroovy

No comments: