Sunday, December 28, 2008

Poetry Pieces

Poetry Pieces is a few poems that I have written and feel the need to share. They have been written at different times in my life, mostly this year and I am trying to learn how to share them with others instead of keeping them bottled up inside so here goes.........

~Time On My Side~

Sometimes time has a way of getting in the way

Delaying what wants to be done

Speeding what needs to be done

Time passes us by without a second thought

Still we go on with joy and laughter

~As One~

Is it possible to be one with someone
Not knowing their beginning and your ending
Is this the start of the something beautiful
That everyone talks about
Is it really all that matters
The ying the yang
The beginning the end
The start the finish
Time tells all
Though it won't stand still
To allow a moment to enjoy the moment
To feel the newness of possibly
maybe
something wonderfully beautiful
I speak from my heart which is a direct connect to my soul
The treasure I hold
only belongs to one soul

~If Only For A Little While~

And so I saw your face for the first time
In a long time
My heart began to melt
Only for a moment
The sound of your voice
Sent chills down my spine
And still I wonder
How all this time
It has only been for a little while
I wanted to hold you
Comfort you
But that was someone else's job now
We just had to know if only for one last time
If it was really meant to be
We are living in the past
Of how great it use to be
But the reality of now
Is that it isn't so
We have grown
Each in our own way
Still seeing your face
Makes my heart melt
The sound of your voice
Sends chills down my spine
And if only for a little while
I can pretend that
You are still mine

~soulgroovy

No comments: