Monday, April 13, 2009

April 13, 2009 Thoughts of the day

It seems that many of my poems are of the erotic nature lately. Maybe that could have some kind of underlying meaning or maybe that I have tapped into that part of me that I have no problem embracing. It is but of human nature. I guess the part of me that wasn't so sure about sharing it has now overcome that fear. Everyday I am growing more and more into this "gift" that a very good friend of mine (he knows who he is...smile) calls it. Maybe it was meant for me to share it with the world or just those close to my world. So many times we let fear prevent us from doing what we were meant to do. I let fear have that effect on me but I will not any longer. If reading about, writing about and exploring my erotic side brings someone else fear, well they will just have to figure out a way to get past it or not read this at all. I have let fear push me away from so many things, even things that matter most to my heart. Even if I cannot understand why things happen the way they do, why a person says one thing and does something different, or that someone cannot accept me for all the wonderfulness I possess, I will not let fear prevent me from using my gift to express myself, from living my life to its fullest potential and for not believing in myself when others didn't. I only have this one life and it was designed to live no matter the ups and downs, the good and bad, it is my life.

No comments: