Sunday, September 27, 2009

If Only to Listen

My heart holds on
Even when my mind is trying to move on
It's a daily struggle
And sometimes I get weak
Because it's as if my heart has a mind of its own
She's holding on to memories
That seem more like a reality
But my mind wants to put an end
To the melodrama
Cause it feels like a waste of time
A waste of resources
But the guard is up
And no one seems to be getting through
No matter how good they may sound
My heart still holds on
My mind fights to stay in charge
It's a daily struggle
Between body, heart and soul
The winner isn't important
But unison is desired
And yet it is a daily struggle
If only to listen to what the head says
So that the heart can move on
And no longer feel the need to feel
This pain of missing you
More than you'll ever know

No comments: