Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Maybe That's Why

I always wondered why God didn't bless me with a son
He knew I'd worry about his everyday safety to and from
He's just a baby trying to find his way but yet having to battle for his life everyday
Causing me gray hairs and wrinkles before my time
Only cause I wanna protect what's mine
Yet I know he has to grow up and be a man
But how can he if I'm trying to shield him from everything
He's my baby and that's what I'd say
And he'd just tell me I'm gettin in his way
But I wanna protect what's mine
But he has to learn on his own in due time
But the lessons are above his head
And he isn't fully equipped yet
Nobody told him his peers of the same age
Would or could be the cause of his demise one day
But yet when he looks in my eyes and say's it'll be okay
I'm praying he'll return home that day
Cause he's my baby and I gotta protect what's mine
So I guess that's why a son wasn't in my design

No comments: